Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hello. I'm Rebecca Scarberry, Scarberryfields on Twitter, and author of the short free novella, Messages from Henry. I have interviewed another talented author. Her name is Harriet Kent (HarrietJKent on Twitter). I've enjoyed learning more about Harriet and certain you will also.


Scarberryfields: Can you tell us a little about your nationality?
Harriet: British
Scarberryfields: When you finish writing a story, do you miss the characters?
Harriet: No, I feel that they are always in the back of my mind. 
Scarberryfields: While writing, if you need help with punctuation, grammar, etc., where do you turn?
Harriet: Usually to a trusty dictionary (Oxford) or my “Grouchy Grammarian” book, which is always on my desk.
Scarberryfields: With the number of hours spent writing, do family members support you or complain about the time spent away from them?
Harriet: Yes, I get a lot of support from my husband and he has not once complained about me spending time away in my office.
Scarberryfields: Do you travel to places you mention in your stories for research sake?
Harriet: In the case of A Stable Life, the places albeit fictional are places where I spend a lot of time. It is easy to visualize them within the story.
Scarberryfields: When you’re writing, do you shut-off all social networks?
Harriet: Yes. They can be a distraction when I’m at a crucial stage in the plot and teetering on the edge of writer’s block!
Scarberryfields: Did you use any family members as Beta readers for your stories?
Harriet: Yes, my eldest sister is quite a literary soul and is able to give an honest critique (without being biased in my favour!)
Scarberryfields: Do you feel social networking as a marketing tool, is beneficial?
Harriet: Definitely. I have made so many new friends and contacts, particularly via Twitter in the few months I’ve been involved with it. It also opens up new opportunities, networking with like-minded people, fellow authors and business fold.
Scarberryfields: What is the last book called that you completed and published?
Harriet: My latest book is called A Stable Life. It is due to be published on November 22, 2012. I’m very excited!
Scarberryfields: Where can readers go to find your books? 
Harriet: I have a website www.hjknovels.webs.com or my books are available via www.authorhouse.com, www.artemispublishers.com , www.amazon.com - they are also available in e-book format.


Scarberryfields: Thank you for allowing me to interview you, Harriet. Love your book covers and wish you nothing but the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment